1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subject to wear besides lamp?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by godi32, Oct 7, 2001.

1. godi32

godi32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I was wondering which elements in a projector where also subject to wear besides the lamp?

I told already that I could buy this Sony VPL-CX10 for a very low price. The only downside is that I need to replace the lamp. It has been in use since the end of May at an exhibition in Antwerp and if my calculation is right it has performed around 1200 hours.

Do I have to make myself concerns about it's
    quality state at this point?

Thanks,
    Dirk

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    The most common sign that a single lens projector has been used is dust contamination. This shows as fuzzy green or magenta splodges on the image. De-focus the lens to make the dust spots more visable.

Projectors can be cleaned. This is best done by a service company especially if the projector is still under warranty.

The U.V. filter and the LCD panels can show signs of wear. They tend to age and discolour over time. Look for signs of yellowing on a white image.

Regards