1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub Woofer - Db level

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by gazzerr, Jun 14, 2003.

1. gazzerr

gazzerr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still trying to sort out my subwoofer. What db level do most of you guys have the sub set to in relation to your speakers. For Music I seem to have to turn it down to -10db - is that usual?

Cheers

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Mine is set to -8db with my front main speakers at -3db. This works well for music and movies. All channels are balanced to 85db with the AVIA setup disc but my Denon can also have different sub levels for different modes (Stereo, Pure Direct etc).

If your amp has a similar feature just use this to fine tune the sub to your preference. :)

3. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Jase,

If you left the sub setting on your amp to 00dB and lowered the master volume on your CHT-15 slightly so that it reads 85dB, wouldn't that give you the same results to the settings you currently have now?

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    The master volume on the sub is only set to just under 3 now. If I did what you suggest (lower the sub volume & up the SW level at the amp) it should give the same results as all channels would still be balanced to 85db.

5. UselessPratt

UselessPratt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my system, the sensitivity of the sub was so high, that -10db wasn't enough. I have to drop the sensitiviy down on the sub itself to balance the system. Personally, I believe once balanced at 85db, the sub should be set to +3db.