1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub Wiring....

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by sofaboy, May 18, 2002.

1. sofaboy

sofaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all ........

can anyone answer a little question..... I have a yamaha yst-sw 305 sub...200w and a Yamaha 620 amp

I have wired it via the speaker connections from my amp ( front speaker B) to the From amplifier inputs on my sub.... I also have a Pin jack input on my sub and a Pin jack sub output on my amp

Im very happy with the sound I get now from my sub, but I was just wondering if it would sound any better using the Pin jack or as it is.... I cant just do it as ive built it in an enclosure....

Cheers all.....

:eek: :eek:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If by "pin jack" you mean phono then you will get a better sound using this "low level connection"

You are currently not making full use of the .1 in the 5.1 which is where many of the effects are deliberately placed by the sound engineer as these are directed to the sub through the phono output only.

By making "high level" connections as you have, you are only receiving the normal full range and not the extra bits.

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    It depends how you have configured your AV amp.

You can either set it to "Large" main speakers, "No" subwoofer and use the high level inputs or "Small" main speakers, "Yes" subwoofer and use the low-level input on the sub.

Cheers,
    Liam