Sub upgrade options from BK400

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by meduk1, Jun 24, 2015.

1. meduk1

meduk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I've been going on a bit of an upgrade mission recently on my system and have started thinking about my sub.

I've currently got a BK XLSS 400 which I've had for number of years. I got it for the 50/50 balance between movies and music but find that I only ever use it for movies, so perhaps a ported sub would suit me better.

What would be sensible options to look at, maybe around the £400-800 mark. Obviously the Monolith is in the running but not sure if this is too big! Will do some measurements over the weekend. Any other recommendations?

2. stephenbarnes

stephenbarnes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +846
    Ported subs are generally large, bigger than sealed box versions. Other options for ported sub is SVS PB2000/PC2000

3. ranger666

ranger666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have a bk xxls400 great sub but I am looking around for a second hand B&w DB1 I know it's a bit over your budget great sounding sub.

4. meduk1

meduk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I think I'm going to go ported as I'm movies only.

The SVS PB2000 seems really good, although I prefer the styling of the BK subs as I like the wooden finish rather than more modern looks of SVS/B&W. Right now a Monolith FF is at the top of my list and well within budget. Selling my 400 should cover a big chunk of the costs also.