Question Sub Upgrade Dilema...

walshy77

Walshy

I've got a Marantz pre-amp that has Audyssey XT32 on it which I will be using. Be interesting to see how it handles the Sub 3. I know some of the guys here rave about Dirac but adding a minidsp is probably a leap too far at the moment.

btw - my delivery has now said Monday - so it maybe roll on Monday!

Oh I need to check the tracking info then, fingers crossed!! Altho not holding my breath as I placed my order after you.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how XT32 works with the Sub3, and if it doesn't shine then I will definitely consider Dirac as its supposed to be the dogs danglies.

Yes, I have had 2 subs from arendal, and both deliveries were a day before the original date. Like Christmas eh guys?:)

Like a kid in a sweet shop!! [emoji16][emoji16]

walshy77

Scheduled for early delivery on Monday!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

walshy77

Walshy

I've got a Marantz pre-amp that has Audyssey XT32 on it which I will be using. Be interesting to see how it handles the Sub 3. I know some of the guys here rave about Dirac but adding a minidsp is probably a leap too far at the moment.

btw - my delivery has now said Monday - so it maybe roll on Monday!

Has yours arrived yet?

ggwoodland

Walshy - short answer no. Slightly longer answer is that I waited 2 days (Weds and Fri) for UPS to deliver the Sub 3 and nothing. I seriously think Arendal need to consider how they deliver their larger subs. From experience I think UPS try and deliver once to own their own timelines, they ignore any requests to change delivery, i.e. into warehouse and out. If they can't deliver once, word goes out this Sub is $*%% heavy not delivering that again.

So I'm stuck in limbo, UPS depot ignores requests from UPS HQ. UPS requested I collect from depot, but to do that I would need to rent a van - as I'm sure it won't go into my car.

So unless Arendal can exert pressure on UPS to deliver I think the Sub 3 will go back and I'll get a Sub 2 which is 20kg lighter and hopefully UPS can deliver.

As they say this is my own personal experience and I'm a little hacked off with the whole saga and other forum members have had their Sub 3 delivered fine - but unfortunately this hasn't worked for me so far.

George

walshy77

That sucks mate...can't believe it's taking so long...you'd have thought UPS would have had sorted it by now, and the size thing isn't an issue as they'll have all kinds of lifting equipment at their depots.
Stick with the sub 3 mate it's truly truly awesome and worth the wait.

walshy77

But Arendal need to get onto them and sort it for you.

ggwoodland

Arendal have been very good at helping out and they seem determined for me to get the Sub 3. They are just as frustrated as me. Hopefully it will be sorted this week. I just hope it arrives in good condition.
I think the problem is more to do with a 1 man delivery team. I do have some sympathy for the driver as it is quite a beast for one person. But heavier goods are delivered to house (e.g. fridges) so it can be done.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom