1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub Under Stairs

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by drum63, Jul 14, 2004.

1. drum63

drum63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Having read the "sub behind sofa" thread, thought I would ask this question.

In my house the staircase comes down into the lounge, (which is where I have my AV kit).
    The space under the stairs is just the right size for a PB1-ISD, but I'm unsure whether having a downward firing sub in an enclosed space would cause any problems.

My XLS is currently part way under and doesn't behave any differently there than in a more open area but obviously that is front firing.
    I'm not too worried about boom as I have just acquired a BFD, which has tamed a nasty room mode quite nicely.
    Now I'm hearing cleaner bass but I want a bit more of it. (Must also stop reading these threads :) )

I'm about to send my room details over to SVS and will ask them the same question but I'm also interested if anyone here has used a similar type of semi-enclosed space for their down-firing sub.