• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sub to go with Primare / Jamo Concert setup

dave48

I have a fairly high end (by Primare standards) surround setup which is driving a Jamo Concert surround setup (Primare D30.2 driving Jamo Concert 11's as the fronts; Concert Centre in the middle and Concert Surrounds at the back). I have a P30 doing the decoding so no possibilities to add more speakers.

I have been thinking for some time about getting a sub to complement this lot. This would primarily be for watching DVDs, but I guess if it were possible to integrate it into the sound of the concert 11s for normal 2 channel audio that would be a plus point. I had thought of getting a Jamo Concert sub but in spite of monitoring eBay for several years, i've never seen one of these go past, so i've just about given up.

Any ideas what would be a good match? i'd prefer to buy something second hand for ££ reasons. The listening room is currently about 7m x 4-5m (but may expand to about 7m x 8m if / when an interior wall goes).

dave48

I'm fairly open minded on manufacturers and so on: I had looked at Rel when I last thought about this some time back, but I'm not sure that is the right choice necessarily. For finishes: all the Jamo stuff is Cherry; all the Primare kit is black; the walls of the room are white: so it needs to be one of those three! For budget: I don't have a fixed amount in mind but having just moved house I don't have the reserves I had when I bought all the Jamo / Primare kit. Ideally I'd like to get something good second hand unless there is some fantastic new model out there that is worth it.

Nimby

Distinguished Member
Buy one Monolith now and then another when you knock the wall down.

Choose your finish to taste. BK are flexible and accomodating if you don't like the standard range of finishes. :smashin:

Haven't heard one yet but Russel can't be wrong all of the time. Can he? ;)

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Nimby said:
Haven't heard one yet but Russel can't be wrong all of the time. Can he? ;)

I may find out soon :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom