1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub shortlist

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Begbie2003, May 22, 2003.

1. Begbie2003

Begbie2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My living room is 4.5m x 4.5.
    I'm thinking of purchasing a Denon Av3803, B&W 602 (fronts), LCR60 (c) and already have 4 B&W ccm65's for the rears. Which subs would be on your audition shortlist given the size of my room and the other equipment i'm considering? I have a budget of £500.

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The obvious answer is the B&W subs - the ASW675 may be a bit more than you willing to pay, mind you if you buy at the same time as the other B&W speakers, there may be a good deal to be had.

3. Ravi 123

Ravi 123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Look at mormal contenders Veloydyne, Rel , B& W, Paradign , M & k.

Cheers

Ravi

4. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Might I chime in with my usual ATC plug - ATC do the Concept 1 sub for £600. I haven't heard it but it I've had the Concept 2 sub for six months now, and it's got the same electronics and driver (just a much sturdier cabinet) so it should be pretty similar. The C2 is a fantastic sub at £1100, and if the C1 performs similarly, whcih I expect it does, should be a veritable bargain at £600. :)

Only downside is it could be hard to find a demo... :(

Cheers,

Dunc

5. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    For £500, Paradigm Servo 15. Some people will extol the virtues of the Velodye CHT-15, but however good it may be it's also a bit more expensive. If a 15" sub is too large for you (e.g. you have wife/girlfriend issues) then go for a Velodyne CHT-10.

6. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    tk2001 has a Velodyne CHT 15 going for £535 in the classifieds right now - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79529

Great price for a sub that's £800 and something brand new!

Don't hang about. For the money it's the best deal you could buy right now unless, you really needed something more cosmetic to fit in with your room, size, colour, style etc.

It's sound is excellent.

Otherwise I'd agree with all that has been suggested above. Very sound advice indeed.:smashin: