1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sub settings on 3802 re lfe or lfe+main

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mick23, Jun 19, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    just purchased paradigm pdr8 to add to denon 3802 with b+w cdm1nt stanmounts as fronts lcr60 as center, 6003 as rears, i set all speakers to small, the fronts f/r are 60-20hz, set sub crossover to 80hz, i am confused by lfe or lfe+main for sub setup manual states sub works with dts and dd but what setting should i use to use sub with h/c and music if i use direct mode does this cut out sub, as it was 12pm when i connected sub did not have much time to experiment thank you

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

If all your speakers are set to SMALL you wont get the option of LFE+MAIN, this is only available if you set the Fronts to LARGE.

Leave them as SMALL and the amp will direct all bass below your chosen cutoff frequency (eg 80hz) to the subwoofer.

Cheers

3. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I think that direct mode will only put the LFE channel to the sub though (ie there is no crossover processing done in Direct even if your speakers are set to small)

that's the case on my 2802 anyway. I assume it is the same

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Yes. Direct mode ignores the bass management settings and sends full range signals to the front left & right speakers, you can then also switch the sub off via the channel level mode. This avoids bass doubling if you have floorstanders.

If you cant connect a your sub via both high & low level at the same time then its best to listen to music in Stereo mode.

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for info, up until getting a servo 15 which iuse purely for lfe. i've always conected my subs at high and low levels-before rel made it a focal point. if you do this just turn your subs crossovers to full for movies and back to your normal settings for music. subs i have done this with include yamaha and paradigm pdr 10s.