1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sub settings for pl2 differ from dvds volume

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mick23, Apr 27, 2003.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all got velodyne vx10 from uncle eric thursday using with 3802 rotel 981 powering fronts and 985mk1 powering center and surrounds, using l/level connection only, i let sub burble away for a few hours just using tuner, then did set up 3802 volume set at 30 db using spl set to -75 db f/l/center and sub all set to +6db (used 3802 volume at 30 normal level for cd replay)

crossover setting on 3802 80hz/same on sub and about 2/3 volume,
    playing dvds ie lotr volume 25-30 subs output is clearly audible,

watched the scorpion king on satellite in pl2 mode but could not really tell if anything from sub, so ran in pl2 (sub only) and found that i had to increase volume on 3802 to about 20 to hear sub ok,

i tend to use pl2 quite a lot with tv movies+sky but dont really want to keep changing the subs volume control to suite dvds vs pl2 is there a way to set things up differantly (i did not try 5 chan sterio setting on 3802) ??/

as vx10 has auto signal sensing which my former sub pdr8 did not have, the vx10 does not detect signal unless i have the volume on 3802 at about 30 with cd replay etc thank you

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    The Denon will lump all Dolby, DTS, PL2, Neo settings together so if you adjust the SW channel level for PL2 it will have a knock on effect for Dolby/DTS etc.

5/7CH Stereo, Stereo, Direct, DSP Modes will memorize the channel levels independently.

Just bear in mind PL2 has no .1 LFE channel so the only bass you will hear is the bass below the cutoff frequency of those speakers set to small (assuming you have all speakers set to small!).