1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub set-up help.

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Zog, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    been playin around with my system for weeks now. There are that many variables it is frighteneing!
    Amp is a 3802 and the sub a Yammy YST-60W (yes I know !). Speakers are a little varied but I have a full complement of 7 with the amp defaulting to 6.1 with the rears matrixed.
    My question is with regard to the sub settings on the amp which can be adjusted, think it is 60/80/100/120 (K)hz. I presume that this is the frequency beneath which everthing is sent to the LFE. On the sub is further adjustment, think it is from 50 to 200 (K)hz.
    Should these be set at the same level? And if so, roughly where?

2. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The way I have done it is to set the cut off on the sub as high as possible so it doesn't cut off any signals that it's passed, and control the cut off using the amp instead. Find out what the lowest frequency your main speakers can go down to and set it at that.

There are many different ways to set it up though - I'm sure someone will jump in and tell me that this method is wrong !

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    Try all speakers set to SMALL, all bass to the SUB. Set the crossover on the subwoofer to MAX and then the crossover on the amp to 80hz.