1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub-sat wiring + speaker options

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Shteve, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Shteve

Shteve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My current system is a Yammy 620 powering a B&W CC6 centre with aging Mission 760i rears. The fronts are B&W 602 S1 biamped using Arcam Alpha 8 & 8P.

I'm thinking of replacing the speakers with a sub/sat 5.1 system but would be loathe to lose the Arcams and just use the Yammy. Is is possible to set up the system so that the sub input could be used as the .1 channel from the Yammy, but still with the Alpha 8 powering the sub in stereo mode?

And whilst I'm at it, any recommendations for speakers that'll do the system justice? My budget is as little as poss - £500-600. The room's quite narrow, but bloody long 10x32ft although the listening end of the room is 10x15. I've had a quick listen to the Ruark Vita's and they're gorgeous (maybe a little bright), but £1500 is a tad too much.

Any help much appreciated.

2. Shteve

Shteve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Don't worry - I've decided to move the B&Ws and the Arcam kit to the other end of the room and buy the Sony Pascal 835s for the yammy. Best of both worlds methinks :smashin: