1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub/Sat "Upgrade" or add a sub?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by plonky, Nov 14, 2003.

1. plonky

plonky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

I am currently debating whether to purchase a sat/sub package or whether to add a Sub to (and do some changing round with) the rather odd collection of current speakers:-

Eltax symphony (6 I think) fronts
    Wharfedale Valdus centre and
    Wharfedale Diamond 7.1 Rears

I have moved to a house where I don't really have to think of the neighbours so it's time for a sub.
    Can't make my mind up whether to go for a package like Tannoy FX 5.1, Mordaunt Short Premiere, Mission FS1

As mentioned above, the other option is to play around with the current configuration and add the sub but to be honest the current room is a little small and at present the front speakers are on the floor(!)

I am guessing the current stuff is not worth a ragman's balloon so is it worth just slinging it and starting with a package? If so, which one from the list? Or is there anything salvageable ?

The amp driving them is a Marantz SR5200

cheers

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi & welcome.

One possibility is to replace your main (front) speakers & add a sub (loads discussed here).

Later, when funds permit, you could upgrade your surrounds etc..

Would "soften" the blow of a complete new system.