Sub recommendations for use with B&W M-1s

daveb975

I am currently in the process of changing my B&W 600 series speakers for M-1 satellites.

I am doing this piecemeal, so will not be buying a pack together with a sub.

I have currently got an MJ Acoustics Reference 100 sub, which I have used with the 600 series speakers. I have been very pleased with it in my current system, but obviously the sub will have more to do if I am not using big floorstanders at the front. I am not sure if the MJ will be enough.

I have got a Denon 1906, in a room of about 17' x 11'.

Any ideas appreciated.

chrisgeary

What's your budget?

daveb975

Not that much, really! I am probably going to look second hand around the £300-£350 mark.

Someone in the classifieds possibly has a B&W ASW675 for sale, and this sounds as though it could be ideal. I guess a PV1/SVS would be the best answer, but not sure if I can go to it.

Is a PV1 much better than ans ASW675 in this sort of set-up?

chrisgeary

do a seach on PV1 here.. there are mixed feelings about it. those who love it like it because of its size and looks. others feel its overpriced in terms of performance. going s/h is definitely a good plan, it gives you a lot of options. there are some really high performance subs out there from the likes of BK, SVS, B&W etc for that money. I'm no expert on B&W subs so I cannot really advise you about the 675.

Andywilliams

Hi Dave
I have owned a B&W asw675 and it will give you what you want its a very powerful small sub. , If size doesnt matter try and stretch to the bk monolith infact these do come up on the classifieds within your budget.

daveb975

Hi Dave
I have owned a B&W asw675 and it will give you what you want its a very powerful small sub. , If size doesnt matter try and stretch to the bk monolith infact these do come up on the classifieds within your budget.

Thanks. Unfortunately, size does matter! I could go a bit bigger than the ASW675, but not the Monolith, even though I would like one!

The ASW675 are going for too much money, though. I was watching one on ebay with slight cosmetic damage that went for £620 + delivery - they are only £650 new!

How does the SVS SB12+ compare?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom