SUB-RECIEVER connection dilema

westcoaster

Standard Member
hello, i got a wiring problem i hope you guys can help me out with. i pre wired my house for 5:1 surround. now the walls are done and everything is in the walls. not thinking, i wired for the sub using speaker wire. however, i looks like i should have used an rca cable for the sub. the reciever has a single rca jack for the sub.

i need to connect:
sub- Polk PSW10
to
reciever-Pioneer VSX-919AH-K

are there any adapters i can use, or do i need to tear into the walls and rewire:confused:

Attachments

softsorter

To use the low level input you'll need a RCA Cable but can you not run a rca around the skirting in that white trunking strip? rather than rip into the walls?

I'd be inclined to try the sub when your setup to find its ideal place for max response for the room and then when your happy with its placement then decide how your going to cable it with the RCA.

softsorter

I'm not familiar with the speaker l/r connections on your sub but it could be possible to use them from your wall speaker connections ? but it may still entail cutting into the walls again.

westcoaster

Standard Member
thanks for the reply. the components are in the hall closet behind the tv room, so running cable on the floor is not an option. i thought i saw an rcs to speaker wire adapter somewhere. does anyone know anything about those?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom