Sub Question - Am I about to be shot down in flames?

M

Maidenman

After taking Westy’s advice I purchased the following equip and am delighted:

Marantz SR5300
Mission MS72’s front
M7CI1 centre
M7D’s rear

I am now looking for a sub, I have looked at the Velodyne CHT 10 on Uncle Eric’s Powerbuy and although it sounds great (I know this is sacrilege) but from a cosmetic point of view it looks too big and not very appealing (I know let the abuse begin)
Question is I have seen the Sony sawd200 on their web site which is going for around the £300 mark but I cannot find any reviews/comments on the Sony anywhere. It is advertised with 135mm x 2 dome type bass driver and High power (250W) digital amplifier and Auto on of switch.

Does anyone have any experience with this or heard this. Any help/views would be appreciated

If you're looking for a small attractive sub, have you considered either the REL Quake or MJ Accoustic 50. Both are compact little boxes that are avaliable in wood finishes. Probably a little more than the Sony but also lot better. I know I'll get shot down for saying this ... but they are both well reguarded little subs for their size.

Victoria

Originally posted by sounddog
If you're looking for a small attractive sub, have you considered either the REL Quake or MJ Accoustic 50. Both are compact little boxes that are avaliable in wood finishes. Probably a little more than the Sony but also lot better. I know I'll get shot down for saying this ... but they are both well reguarded little subs for their size.

Not from me anyway, I have the pro 50 & it runs rings round my previous sub. It's roughly about 1cuft in size but sounds much bigger (to me anyway) Do a search on the rel quake & you'll won't find many positive comments on it here.

Originally posted by Maidenman

I am now looking for a sub, I have looked at the Velodyne CHT 10 on Uncle Eric’s Powerbuy and although it sounds great (I know this is sacrilege) but from a cosmetic point of view it looks too big and not very appealing (I know let the abuse begin)

The Gallo MPS150 might be worth a look...very cutesy, yet very capable,IMO.

spence

Originally posted by tyefi
The Gallo MPS150 might be worth a look...very cutesy, yet very capable,IMO.

I agree with spence and you can get it from Uncle Eric

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom