1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub purchase - what now?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by welshpaul, Mar 9, 2003.

1. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have took the plunge and purchased a pro 50 sub.
    Connected up to my Onkyo 595 amp with Mission M73 fronts, tannoy mxc and m71 rears.

Have set all speakers to large (on advice of sevenoaks) and am currently playing around with set up of sub but cannot quite get the effect as when it was demonstrated.

Phase is set to 90 and crossover is somewhere around 50-70.
    Trying to find a decent bit of a movie to use as a reference but nothing is really helping. Have used the thx set up in fight club and there is no audible gap in lfe check.
    On the amp setting i have fronts, centre and sub on +5db and rears on +2 db.

So folks any hints or tips on the fine tuning of the sub in order that i gain the optimum of my new piece of kit.

Cheers.

2. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try to set all speakers to small and crossover on the sub to max or bypass if possible.

Do a search for "subwoofer setup" in the speakers and subwoofer section and you'll find all you need.

3. EvilStench

EvilStench

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And control the crossover from the amp. If you have a variable crossover in the amp try it first of all on 80Hz