Sub problems

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Sly, May 1, 2002.

1. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    somebody HELP!
    i have a Acoustic Energy Aegis speaker package,inc sub and a sony str db830 amp.
    i had a problem last year with a sort of 'poof' noise that i would get about 6 times during a film,after a busy period such as a explosion.As you would i took it back to the shop who sent it off for me.when i got it back i tried it and it was the same so i took it to a mates house who has the str db930 and it worked fine.i phoned the shop again and they said it might be power spikes and to try a surge protection unit so i did, but now i have to have cross over and vol on full to here anything, whats going on?
    Any help would be great.

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    Hi

If it worked ok with your mates amp then its possible its your amp that has the fault and not the sub. It might be worth checking it on another amp (if possible), if it works ok with that then I´d say its more than likely its your amp.

You´d need to get Sony to have a look at it. What the problem is exactly, I dont know, could be the subwoofer pre out??

3. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    may be out of phase with your main speakers, try reversing the phase on your sub. or main speakers.