• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sub problem w/ onkyo 805

Adamstool

Got my 805 back today after its front display failed. Repair sheet shows all tested ok.

So I plugged all in and fine... apart from no sub output. (I dont get it because I'm familiar with the settings on the amp.).... AND im not getting the subs test tone either.

The sub does work. I tested it afterwoods on my old amp.
------------
My Settings
------------
hardware; coax cable plugged into subwoofer pre-out
(the purple output under the center pre-out.)

software; Speaker setup > speaker config > subwoofer: yes

Thanks for reading.
Where am I going wrong?

Last edited:

Adamstool

im gonna try the left and right pre-out channels for the sub since the sub has left and right inputs.

edit: pre-outs left and right for the sub works!

Last edited:

Adamstool

this is the email I sent to my supplier.
=========================================================================
Hi C.A.

Receieved my [Onkyo 805] back today thank you.

I got one small problem though, I cant for the love of me get the sub-p.o. to work on my [Wharfedale Topaz sw-15.] The [sw-15] works fine. I've tested that on my other [amp] and though the left & right p.o. on my [805].

hardware config; sub-preout (purple p.o under center p.o) through coax cable to my [sw-15] input
software settings; setup > speaker setup > speaker settings > subwoofer = yes

Note(s): ~ I've changed sources, listened to 5.1 sources all to no avail. ~ NO TEST TONE for subwoofer. ~ After trying everything I know to get it to work I've done a FACTORY RESET that didnt work either.

Basically; I got it back > plugged all the inputs in > plugged it into mains > & no sub.

So Im thinking what can the problem be? If its not a software setting ive overlooked (possible?) Is it a dodgy p.o? But saying that It came back and tested ok. If it tested ok does that mean all p.o. are suppose to be ok. How can I test if the p.o.

legacy; p.o = pre-out
=================================================================

Last edited:

Adamstool

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Turns out I put the cable in the wrong purple subwoofer socket. i didnt put it in the sub pre-out

LOLZ, Thanks to C.A btw they told me what it was..

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom