Sub Positioning

archie2000

Quick question!
Does the sub have to be positioned at the front of the sound stage? I have seen a few pictures of people's setup with the sub next to the seating position, and I just wondered if that is better/same/worse than having it at the front.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
It's best where it sounds best. What shape is your room.

archie2000

Hi, it's rectangular measuring 12ft x 18ft. No alcoves, projecting longest way. Window at projector end, patio doors at screen end, both covered by thick lined curtains.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
You should try rew room simulator.

mojogoes

Remembered (1961-2016)
How far away is the mlp from the screen................It looks like your room is another candidate for using a two sub setup! One at centre front and the other at the centre rear depending on access.

archie2000

Unfortunately, neither front centre or rear centre are feasible. Seating position from screen is 3.5m.
Currently the sub is placed front left. It has a floor facing speaker and front port. If it helps, it is a Mordaunt Short MS308.
To be honest I am happy where it is currently, but I am moving the AV amp to the rear of the room, and I just thought it would be easier to place the sub near to it rather than run a long cable to the front of the room (which has to go through walls and under floorboards).

mojogoes

Remembered (1961-2016)
All I can suggest at this time is to try it and see what response you get moving it near to your receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom