Question Sub painting...

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Not exactly a build thread but, I thought this was the most appropriate place for this. I've just bought a tatty REL Q100E from a well known auction site with a view to completely refurbing it. I've bought a replacement driver for it and plan to renew and/ or upgrade appropriate components on the amp board. I'll also seal/ re-seal the panel joints on the inside, just for good measure. The final touch will be to rub down the exterior and re-paint it. So what would you recommend, paint wise, to do this? I kind of like the original finish or the 'default' satin black on the current BKE range would also be acceptable.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Paul

Tuff cab pro is a quick and easy paint to use. Has a texture to it based on what you use to paint it with but hides a multitude of sins.

I second that, I had great results with Tuff Cab Pro. Dual LMS Ultra build
Sounds like that's the way to go then.

And kudos for those subs. The paint finish is fantastic, exactly what I'm looking for. I had a quick glance at your thread but didn't see anything specific, so do you have a link to any info on the technique you used?

In other news, the new drive unit arrived in Thursday (BKE on the ball as ever). Can't wait to get the REL torn down and rebuilt.

Paul

Its pretty easy to work with and very similar to duratex.

This guide for duratex is spot on:

Its pretty easy to work with and very similar to duratex.

This guide for duratex is spot on:

Yes, that's the same video I followed too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom