Sub (or subs) for music only!

darkratos

Standard Member
Hi all, first of all, sorry for my really bad english.
Well, here's the thing, I have recently bought a pair of Dali Ikon 7 and a Nad C372, and Im really happy with them, but in some music styles, like dance, chill o house I miss some more bass sound. The room is about 65-70 m2, and it is my biggest doubt becacause i dont know what power do I need.
And there's another problem, the subwoofers can't pass 40x40x40 cm of volume each.
I thought about putting two E-mu Ps12, or maybe two Bk XLS200, but will it be enough to get a really deep bass with high SPL and a "disco" effect? Maybe better two XLS300? Another options?

Thank you!

darkratos

Standard Member
Any help? Please I need to buy them soon.
I've a limit of 1000€, I want high SPL limits because it will be for punctual moments and only when i put dance or house music. The rest of the time I listen to jazz or acoustic styles so i don't need subwoofer for other styles. Thanks!

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
The BKs are cracking value for money and no one will argue with that. Thing is, why do you want to buy 2 subs, any particular reason? 2 subs can give a better result than one, but they wont go any deeper than their limits allow so a better sub will go deeper and distort less no matter what. If you are thinking of a twin XLS200 setup, IMO you will be better getting a Monolith. Its louder, deeper, more accurate, and its even noted as being better with music as some other forum favorites like SVS.

IMO you should look at the Monolith as it'll out perform any number of the lower models, and the good thing with BK subs is that you can use a high level connection too, which is considered by many to be better for music, which is what its designed for anyway.

darkratos

Standard Member
Thanks Moonfly. I know that a Monolith will fit better and closer to my expectations but the problem is that the maximum measure of the device is 40x40X40 cms (16 inches aprox.) because of the decoration of the room.
If the size wasn´t a problem I'd probably buy a Monolith without thinking. So thats the reason i think in 2 subs because i think if I only put one XLS200/300 it will be too little.
If the is any other model that fits better with what i need, perfect!

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Thats what the XLS 300 is for basically. It for people that want to get as close to Monolith performance as possible but cant accommodate its size. Its not much cheaper than a Monolith because it always costs more to get good performance out of a smaller box, and for this reason it cant do what a Monolith can. Making a sub bigger is an easy cost effective way of getting more performance from your sub design.

It seems to me your best option is a Monolith, but as its to big you should get the 300. You could add the antimode 8033 to that sub and it will outperform 2 xls 200s no problem. Even without the antimode I would go for the 300 if it was my money :smashin:

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
If you cant accommodate a Monolith how can you fit in 2 XLS 300s. Ifv you have the desire to spend time setting them up properly, and your confident you can find the best spots for them and integrating them together then you will get a better response from 2 rather than one. That said its cheaper to buy one and get an antimode 8033 to make sure its setup as best as possible for you.

Its really upto you which way you want to go, but using two is by no means a bad thing.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom