Sub not working properly

ib1-2

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a AV-F100 speaker system and until I changed my wiring I didn't have a problem. I had to change my setup when I replaced my LCD TV stand and to reduce the wiring I've connected the speakers directly to the amp rather than the SW. I now have no depth to the sound and the SW only seems to produce anything as and when it wants. I made no changes initially to the amp settings just the wiring changed but I get intermittant sound from the SW and even changing tv channels can knock it off. I can change the ATT to on/off 0 or -10 and it would work for awhile then change tv channel or swap to DVD and it would lose bass. :confused:

I'm pulling my hair out at present so any assistance would be most welcome especially for my poor suffering wife.

Fairly sure those speakers are designed to be connected to the subwoofer and not directly to the amp.

Fairly sure those speakers are designed to be connected to the subwoofer and not directly to the amp.

You are right. The sub has the amp built in.

Yes you are correct. Have re-wired back into the sub and everything working fine.
Just one question though. I don't understand what the ATT setting on the sub does. It's either off. 0 or -10 but doesn't seem to make a difference no matter what it set to. Can anyone elighten me?

ATT probably means Attenuate. Would reduce the Input or Output level I'd imagine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom