1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub needed to go with Bose AM6 set up.

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Godzooky, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Godzooky

Godzooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Bose AM6 speakers running through Denon 1801 receiver. I have read lots of threads about Bose, mostly bad, but I have had them for a year now and taking into account size, etc, I am very happy. I upgraded from Videologic all-in-one system and the difference was immediately noticeable.

Anyway, the only thing I am unhappy with is the Accoustimass unit. Can I add a separate sub to my system? Will I be able to run it alongside the Accoustimass or separately? Any recommendations for a good sub or does anyone have one for sale? REL seem v good bit as I don't get to use the system as much as i'd like (due to neighbours, girlfriend and son!) I don't want to break the bank.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Hi

You could connect a second sub either by using a Y splitter from the back of the amp or connecting the sub via high level (speaker connections) to the relevant terminals on the amp. You would probably then have to change speaker settings in the amps menu as well. Large/Small etc.

What sort of budget were you thinking of spending?

3. Godzooky

Godzooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £100 - £200.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    You could pick up a 2nd hand Rel Q100 for that. Might be worth checking out the Paradigm range of subs at Richer Sounds as well, models like the PDR10.

Keep an eye on the Hardware/Classifieds Forum as 2nd hand subs appear there from time to time.:)