• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sub makes strange noise...

J

Justin_123321

the other day, my friend and I were working on installing my 15" Kicker L7. when we started to use it, it worked fine for a bit then it made sort of a "TINK" noise and turned off. after we pulled the speaker out of the box, we noticed that here wasn't the smell of a blown speaker. i decided to check some wires, and found out that one of the negitive speaker wires fell out. after i put it back in, it seemed to work ok... now today, i was hooking it back up and i noticed that when i push in on the speaker, it makes a kind of crunching sound...kind of like the sound of tipping your mouse on it's side and rubbing it on your computer table. but , the sub still workes...although, i doesn't seem to be as loud as before...so is my speaker broken? what's the problem?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom