1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub keeps cutting out

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Bert Coules, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I have the Denon SCAV-F100 speaker package and its performance has always been more than acceptable for a budget setup. However, just recently, the sub has been cutting out - not the power, just the sound.

This seems to be down to the speaker rather than the amp, since when I switch off the sub the sound momentarily returns in the second or so before the power fades.

I noticed today that the manual says, "When not using the sets for long periods of time, unplug from the mains supply" and I confess to not having done this once since I first got the speakers. Actually, I hadn't (until this problem arose) ever switched off the sub at all; could that be the cause of the problem?

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on what's causing this, I'd be grateful to hear them.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Does the sub come back on when a big lfe scene is playing on the movie soundtrack or is it completely dead? A lot of subs have an auto switch off if no signal is being detected. My particular sub has the facility to be switched on constantly so no delay in lfe processing is noticed. Have you changed the sub signal on your amp atall? Have you made sure the connectors are fully home?

3. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Thanks for the thoughts. No, after it cuts out, the sub remains completely dead; it doesn't snap back to life when called for.

I've not changed any settings, but I'll check the connections.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk