Sub just died need recommendations for new one

laverton

Novice Member
Reaction score
My MS409w just died so I need to replace it.The 409 always sounded good to me so something similar is what i'm after.I was thinking of the BK XLS 200 which seems to be a favourite round here.I take it the 200 would be at least as powerful as the 409?Any other suggestions would be appreciated.It'll be mainly used for movies.

Laverton

Budget? Size of room? Usual listening habits / material? Music and/or movies? Detached house or 2nd floor flat? lol

Budget £400,room 17ft x 12ft,house is end terrace but have 2 small children so can't go crazy with levels and it needs to be DF,90% movies 10% music.

BK is a good bet, going from reports (I've not owned one) but if you can stretch to a Mono, Monolith or 400 (I'm not familiar which is the most powerful lol) then you will definitely notice the difference over the 200. :)

Alternatively, consider an SVS secondhand - something like a PC39 is not overly large, has a small footprint because it's a tube, and it's downfiring, which should come in at around your budget, I reckon!

Cheers MemX Checked out the PC39 seems like a serious sub,finding one second hand might be a problem.I had considered the 400 but thought it might be overkill aswell as slightly over budget!I'd love to hear from any ms409 users that have moved or compared it to a bk200 or 400.

Check out the classifieds on here and you can also put up a Wanted ad for a subwoofer up to your budget, you never know what might turn up! :)

Bk xls200 is a great little sub and should be a bit better than the 409 however the xxls400 would be a big upgrade as would a monolith, I would keep an eye on the classifieds they are well within budget second hand

laverton, have sent you a PM :)

Cheers for that MemX only problem is i'm in N.Ireland so can't pick the thing up in person.Looks like he already has a buyer didn't last long!At this point i'm seriously considering the bk 400.

Get a BK, XLS400 or the Monolith! By far the best ones for your budget!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom