Sub-ject line...

shodan

Distinguished Member
OK guys, before you all cry, it's 5.1 so you need a Sub, let me tell you that my Yammy RXV595a and Celestion 15i's (On speaker stands) give me enough bass that not only do I hear it everywhere (In the lounge, the bathroom, the car park in the local shopping centre) but I can also feel it through the sofa so my question is, do I REALLY need a big fat woofer?

Thanks
John

Jase

Distinguished Member
Yes. Bigger the better.;) :D

shodan

Distinguished Member
Thanks Jase, What I was hoping you would say is, "No John, if you are happy with it you can ignore the Upgraditis you are presently suffering from"!! Or you could say, "I am courier-ing a subwoofer to you this afternoon to cure your ailment...." :D

One lives in hope :(

Jase

Distinguished Member
I could say no, but I´d be lying.:eek: :D

shodan

Distinguished Member
Hurumph!!!
I hate money! It is the bane of my life!!! So I can see myself going for the MJ Acoustics Pro and a Pronto in the (probably distant) future.

My God, I've just realized what I'm doing!!!!! The girls have labelled it "Retail Therapy"!!!! HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jase

Distinguished Member
I´d be inclined to forget about a Pronto and put the dosh for that into the subwoofer fund. Worth keeping an eye on the Hardware/Classifieds Forum, there are/were a couple of Rel Strata´s for sale at good prices. There´s also the Velodyne Power Buys to consider.:)

shodan

Distinguished Member
STOP IT!! STOP IT!! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!!!!!! I am eafing my waffet...... Munch munch munch.....:eek:

Jase

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by shodan
STOP IT!! STOP IT!! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!!!!!! I am eafing my waffet...... Munch munch munch.....:eek:

Eat your wallet by all means, just don´t munch on the cash.:D

shodan

Distinguished Member
Too late :(

I thought it might make me sick, but it wasn't rich enough... :blush:

Boom Boom... sorry.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom