Sub help please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by brenmona, Jun 11, 2015.

1. brenmona

brenmona
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am currently running wires around the front room for the speakers. its around 6m x 4m plus bay

All will be fed into speaker wall plates (modules) and coming back to a 7.1 wall plate.
    So far so good... the sub wire is the bit i wanted to check, my floors are wooden and i could really do without any wires being visible, so have bought a subwoofer wall plate that I have planned to fit at the back of the room, next to one of my surround rears as i cant put the sub near the front speakers (space).

Looking on google it appears that std satellite cable RG6 75OHM is the way to go? I really wanted to check that this is the standard people use?

I have just bought some Monitor Audio Silver 6s, and will buy the centre, surrounds and sub when I can afford them, so cant do a dry run with the sub placement (as I don't have one). So two questions on this if i may, will a sub be worth the effort and cost bearing in mind the placement, and what sub should i go for (would be nice in Walnut)

My AV amp is an Yamaha Rx A2040

Many Thanks in advance

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,443
    If looking for a sub then look on BK Electronics as they are great value for money. A sub will really add to your movie experience and will be fine placed at the rear of the room. Sound from a sub is non directional so in theory does not really matter where it is in the room.