• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sub for onkyo nr3030?

Hello2084

Novice Member
I am shortly going to be using a onkyo nr3030.

What are the best/ most powerful I can get under £300. I saw a Behringer VS for 250quid. Looked perfect. Until I saw them sound connectors. My AVAILABLE unit only allows RCA jacks. Is adapter use possible/sensible.

If not what have you got to suggest I am all ears.

Thank you for any time/help given.

brantuk

Established Member
BK do a nice range of subwoofers - you should be able to pickup a good example of the XXLS400 second hand for around £300 - £350 depending on age/condition etc. Mine was a cracking little performer till I upgraded my NR3030 and sub to something a lot more substantial.

brantuk

Established Member
My sub only had mains and Speakon cables with it - I purchased used and had to buy an RCA cable for LFE. But I'm sure somewhere like Richer Sounds could fit you up with a conversion cable. Or ask BK if they can make one for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom