1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub for M&K 'K' Series set up

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mrxfilms, Jan 27, 2004.

1. mrxfilms

mrxfilms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    mY sound system is as follows : Denon AVR3803, 2800MKII DVD, 3 X K7's 4 x K4's, and a MJ Pro 50.

I see the weak link as the sub, options include 1 or 2 MJ Reference 1, MK - K10 & K11 piggy backed, B&W ASW750 ?

HELP.......Any Suggestions:confused:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I think that the M&K subs are overpriced compared to what else is available and either the bigger MJA or the B&W would make a decent upgrade

3. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Mrxfilms
    Ive owned the b&wasw675 sub and now have the svs 20-39pc+ the asw675 was a good little sub but the svs really rocks.Ian probably wouldnt mention it because of being accussed of being a broken record but i will if you want value for money and a sub that will blow your wig off the svs fits the bill it will really shine with your m&ks as mine does.
    Cheers Gonzo.:D

4. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,473
    I use a REL Storm 3 with M&K S85's after listening to a similar priced M&K sub. Just too ugly for me (although sounded fine!) Think that build/finish on REL and MJ is far better, and enough adjustments on both to blend in. Just be aware that the Rel doesn't sound quite as punchy as the M&K subs which are designed with movies in mind.