Sub for AVI ADM9.1s

eltrot1979

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the market for a sub to accompany my AVI ADM9.1 stereo speakers. If you're not aware, there is a dedicated sub available for this system, however it is a little out of my budget at £800. I'm hopeful that I can find better value for money elsewhere, and thus I am considering the usual suspects - BK xxls400 and SVS SB12-NSD. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience pairing either of these with the ADMs, or even better anyone who has been fortunate enough to compare either with the dedicated AVI sub? The AVI sub has a 10" driver in a 34 litre sealed box, and the vendor makes impressive claims about its excursion abilities "44mm peak to peak". Should I read too much into this - I believe the peerless driver in the BK quotes an xmax of 12mm, though it does have an extra 2" of diameter to play with...

Any thought welcome!

ta

eltrot

Is that xmax or xmech.
And sealed sub should fit in nice.
Hate you considered a diy job.

I'm not sure, the vendor didn't quote that in his comment.

No I've not considered the DIY approach - how cost effective is it compared to what you get from say BK?

I'm not sure, the vendor didn't quote that in his comment.

No I've not considered the DIY approach - how cost effective is it compared to what you get from say BK?

If you have the time and know how it can very cost effective.

I think for about 4/500 you can build a very good sub.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom