1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub for AE Evo 3

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by zenz, Dec 5, 2004.

1. zenz

zenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my AE evo three, one and centre for my HT setup, can anybody recommend a sub to pair up with the AEs? I am using yamaha rxv750. Currently I have mordaunt-short's 909w and paradigm PDR10 in my mind but I am not sure whether they work well with my current setup.

2. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

We have the AE one's here and the center and find that the AE sub is very good with them, but far better than that is the Velodyne CHT-R8 or 10. Try and get a listen to either one of those, if you are close, give me a call for a demo - you'll leave wanting a Velodyne.

Have a look Here

regards

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    We did the budget sub test (see sticky at top of page) with my AE evo3's running. It also depends on your room as the 909 couldnt stretch its legs because the room was a bit to small for it. Thr MS309 is a good match as the drivers all look similar and I had a black sub with black evos.
    If you have the room the SVS pb10 is getting a real bargain at the moment as the £ is so strong (should arrive at under £300 inc duty) and works superbly with the evo's.:D Read the PB10 is here thread in the SVS forum for pictures and comments.:smashin:

I would love to hear the velo's as I have heard good things about them.

If you are playing a lot of music forget the Paradigm as its slow with music.

:offtopic:

Hayes do you work for avsales then?? if you do you should ask the mods to change your tag to manufacturer than member.

4. IainC

IainC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have effectively the Evo 3b setup but with the Velo CHT10 sub instead of the AE one and have been fairly pleased with it the whole time I've had it. :smashin:

5. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

Yes I do work for AV-Sales.

I just know that in the right room the Velodyne can work very well, and is very good value for money especially when you consider it has a remote with it which has got alot more than just volume up and down.

6. zenz

zenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So still no comment on the paradigm sub? My room size is 10x15 ft (it's a 20ft wide living room but my HT setup only occupies half of its size). I would love to get the evo sub since its much cheaper than my other considerations.

7. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I did
    :rotfl:

8. zenz

zenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ops sorry... I missed that. :D

Anyway, the sub is mostly for HT use.

9. zenz

zenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I wish to give you a call for demo but I am currently in malaysia. I finally made up my mind to get a velodyne cht-10r after some listening, hope I've made the right choice. Paid about 320 pound for this (a direct conversion from ringgit malaysia).

10. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Looking at avsales price for the ch10-r you paid a good price for it :) I hope you enjoy it :smashin:

Now we all want a review of it so we can know what its like and if its any good :lease:

11. zenz

zenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dfour, I will try to post my review, or more precisely to say, my first impression on the sub :laugh: So far I've only listened to a few subs including my old yamaha sw205, with my lacklustre knowledge of HT, I don't think I am qualified to give a full review. Anyway, I will describe whatever I can.

The sub will arive on monday. Wish me goodluck ... :smashin:

12. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

Give me a call on 01892 535007.

Regards