• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sub for a concrete construction Flat

Stuart

Distinguished Member
I'm going to upgrade my Amp and speakers over the coming months and intend on starting with the Sub because I feel this is where I would get the most benefit initially.

I currently have a Paradigm 1000 (It's an enclosed box design and has a 12" driver I believe) which is very ineffective (especially considering the size of it) in my 1st floor flat, whereas in my previous place (brickwork & wooden floorboard construction), it was a lot better and provided real oomph.

The room is aproximately 5m x 3m and I sit against the long wall looking across to the TV mounted on the opposite long wall, so about 3' away. The position of the sub is just to the side of the TV on the same long wall.

I'm thinking about the cheaper SVS cylinder subs but would welcome any advice.

PS. I am looking at spending £400-£600 but would pay more if I would hear/feel a significant benefit.

Last edited:

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom