• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sub for <£100 to go with Home Cinema AV centre

oliphillips

Looking to spend around £50 ideally, but looks like I may have to branch out a bit!!

YAMAHA YST-SW012 £69 + DEL

KENWOOD SW-40HT £71.99 + DEL

Yamaha YST-FSW050B £80 + DEL

Eltrax Liberty Sub £79.95 Collected from local Richer Sounds

Eltrax Monitor Sub £79.95 Collected from local Richer Sounds

Tannoy SFX Sub £99.95 Collected from local Richer Sounds

Which one do you reckon is better guys? Going to be connecting it up to an AV Reciever to use it in a surround sound setup, Will they do the trick?

Cheers, Oli

Last edited:

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
I had the tannoy before I got my Monolith and its not a bad little sub

Oipete

I fully appreciate not everyone either wants to or can afford to spend more on a sub and only you can know your budget.

What I would say though, if you can up your budget a bit or even save for a bit longer, the reward would be well worth it. Alot of people have asked this question before and I have read members advising they save for a bit longer.

At the end of the day though mate, if you end up being happy with your setup, that's all that matters.

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Have a look at this, it seems to offer so much more than the competition on paper at least and is within your budget. There are one or 2 of us that believe this could be the only sub of choice at this price, and to beat it you need to look at the £200 BK Gemini.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom