1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub Design

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by RONIN1, Mar 5, 2001.

1. RONIN1

RONIN1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own a modest setup with a sony stdb 930 as the centre piece.I have just been offered a sony amp with output power of 2x150 watts,i also have 2xkenwood 12 inch subs built into a box which i have left over from a car stereo system along with an in line passive sub crossover.Basically my question is if i connect the subs to the amp and the amp inputs to the sub output of the 930 will this be better or equal to a stand alone active sub.Any input or advice would be grateful.

2. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    RONIN1
    i currently use 2X kenwood 10s in a box. They certainly sound better than an 8" active sub i had previously.
    Many will tell you that we cant use scrap heap car hifi indoors. i say experiment, see what you think, if you have access to the kit and the missus lets you get away with a coffin in the lounge then try it.

dom

dom

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just going to ask the same sort of question.
    I have a 12" Kenwood sub left over from my car install (finding it hard to sell for some reason) and wanted to possibly use it for my home setup. I only have a Yam A5 so I assume I need to get hold of another amp and connect it to the Sub External connection and also a crossover to get the .1 of my DTS/DD setup. Is this correct?
    So my next question would be what amp to get (small budget) and where to get the crossover needed?

Thanks for any advice you may be able to give me.

[This message has been edited by Bungle-js- (edited 06-03-2001).]

4. Ramius

Ramius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Have a read of Koosnaffs- 'Capacitor/Inductor for sub ?' thread with regard to car audio subs for home cinema.
    http://www.bkelec.com/ for amps and things.

Cheers