1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub connections

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Warnie, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Warnie

Warnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    hi Guys, is it possible to attach a subwoofer to an amp which
    requires a phono type connection, when the subwoofer
    is a standard (2 strand) cable, like normal speakers?? hope someone can help, advise ... cheers

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Your question looked a bit complicated for such a hot day and I was about to skip onto the next thread when I noticed you must be a cricket fan judging by the link to your home page so I here I am.

I don't really understand the question so it would help if you said what kind of amp and subwoofer you had. It probably is possible but if you tell us exactly what you have we can tell you exactly how to connect it.

3. Warnie

Warnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Ian, thanks for the reply - cricket fan, you could say that! It was for my brother and I'll ask him exactly what was involved. I think it boils down to the fact that he has seen some Sony speakers from the dav880 range(?)and wants to connect them to his amp but the connections from the sony speakers are different to what he has on the amp I think. Anyway I'll try and find out more info and post, cheers.