1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub connection from marantz sr4200

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by garrick, Jul 29, 2003.

1. garrick

garrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently brought a JBL ATX 100S active sub. Not sure is anyone experienced with this sub before. I need advice for sub connection from my marantz sr 4200. At the back of the sub, there is an L & R line in and LFE in. Crossover range from 50-150Hz. My question is which connection should I go for

1) Receiver sub out to sub’s L & R line in (with Y Splitter )
    2) Receiver sub out to sub’s LFE in

My current sub setup is through speaker level connection with speakers set to LARGE at the receiver and sub’s crossover to the max (150Hz). I love strong bass response when watching DVD. My understanding is speakers connection should only be consider at last choice.

Thanks.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If the main use is for films try connecting just the LFE input from the sub output on the Marantz and disconnect the speaker level connections.

Crossover correctly set at Max but try setting the speakers to small

3. garrick

garrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ian,

Thanks for responding. Will try out your recomm. Just to understanding what make the the diff between 1) & 2) in term bass output? Assuming if both methods are set to SMALL for speakers.