Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Sub cable

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by adams901, Apr 1, 2018.

1. adams901

adams901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  2. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +771
    If you're looking for a reasonable to good quality subwoofer cable and wish to buy them via Amazon, then check our Fisual Subwoofer Cables

One thing to always remember about a subwoofer cable is that some ultra thin cables produce a very weak bass sound. So, personally, I would always go fora thicker cable than a thin one unless you are looking at the Fisual ultra compact subwoofer cables range

3. And65

And65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    As from what I can read from the link the primewire example is based on an AWG24 core. With 7.5m length the resistance is appr. 0.63 ohms. This should be compared with the input impedance of an active subwoofer that is typically 10000 - 100000 ohm. And the capacitance between the signal and ground of the cable does not have any measurable effect to the audio signal in low frequencies. So from an electrical point of view I cannot see that this cable could any measurable or audible influence on the audio performance of the subwoofer. It should therefore in my opinion be well suited for the intended purpose.