1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub by Elec Meter

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by eric2, Jul 14, 2004.

1. eric2

eric2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

The ideal place to hide my new sub is a foot away from the elec meter and fuse box. Is this a good idea? I vaguely remember reading somewhere on this forum about elec interference can cause a hum.

Anyone have experience of this?

2. tuttonp

tuttonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Depending on the wattage of your sub the most diconcerting things you may see is the speed the meter wheels spin during the beach scene on Saving Private Ryan!! :)

3. eric2

eric2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    :D

150w, I've ordered the REL Q-150E MKII!
    I can hear the sighs from here, not favorite on here I know.

4. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Never be afraid of going against the general flow. :smashin:

If you've heard the sub and it works for you. Then nobody can take that away from you. :)

Don't ever allow yourself to feel the slightest bit inferior. Just because you don't own (or want) the popular choice of the moment.

SVS may be 'flavour of the month' right now. Much like Velo used to be. But nobody should ever think the goalposts are fixed permanently in stone. It might be Rocket's turn next week. Or somebody we haven't even heard of yet! :devil:

Enjoy your new sub! Make the most of it by positioning and calibrating it carefully with your speakers. Preferably using an SPL meter. Then relax and start enjoying all the extra fun it brings to your system.

Imagine if the whole world had the same taste in clothes, cars, houses, music or partners! It would be awful! It's bad enough already! :D

Nimby

5. eric2

eric2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers Nimby, so true.

Only thing is I didn't get chance to listen to the sub, just ran out of time and had to take the gamble. I listened to the speakers - Kef Q4's and Kef 5005's and a Denon 3805.

Sounded great, my old stereo system is over 15 years now

My house like my hi-fi is going through a major revamp and I need to lay all the cabling next wk before new hard wood floor goes over my existing flooring which means it will be difficult to replace and move any cabling. So unfortunately will not get chance to move the sub around to find the best listening place, but will calibrate it with the 3805.

Every store I went into was recommending this sub and heard lots of good reviews in the mags. The small size of the sub was also important.

Can't wait for all the building work to finish and start enjoying my new gear. I'll be paying for it over the next 25 years so I hope I will get at least 15 yrs out of this one.

This forum has been fantastic for helping me get up to date etc. Keep up the good work everyone. :smashin: