Sub box recommendation?

M

mfreidlitz

Hi,

I recently got myself a nice pair of Infinity kcs120br. I was thinking of finally building myself a sub woofer for my home cinema setup. Unfortunately, I'm not very comfortable in the decisionmaking on what box design I should use in order to get the most bang for the buck / size etc. If there is anyone out there who has any good input whatsoever on how to get the most out of these babies, I'd really appreciate your input.

BR and TIA
Mikael

Infinity kcs120br: Fs=25, Qes=0.45, Qms=8.73, Qts=0.43, Vas=7.6, Re=3.6, Sd=530, Xmax=2.8, Pe=60 power=250W/1000W Size=12"

hi m8 dont know if ure looking to make one but if ure not then just look for a sub box for the car then make a houseing for ure amp

Thanks for your reply. Actually, a car sub housing would be too small / rugged for my needs. Once I figured out that the 7.6 Vas was cubic feet instead of litres, things became amazingly easier ;)

Now, I've decided to go for an isobaric solution, most likely building myself a 18"x12"x48" pedestal (if the mrs allows). That'd give me a decent (95.5db-99db) quality down to ~21 Hz.

Cheers
Mikael

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom