1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub and amp questions.

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Marv, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Right, i got my first amp today an Eltax Atomic 8.2. Now heres the questions.

1.What does putting the LFE to " -15, -35" ect do? does it reduce the bass or increase it or sommit else?

2. on the back of my sub theres a phase switch which has two settings "0" and "180" what is it for?

3.Now i got a sub should i turn the base down form the speakers?

2. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Any one.

3. neoxp

neoxp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't really know the Eltax Atomic 8.2.

1. Most subs have an input level which allows you to control the 'volume' of the sub. I think that is what the -15 etc refers to. Have a play with it down and see if less bass is produced.

2. The other phase switch (did you mean dial) dictates at what frequency the sub kicks in. Normally you find out where your front speakers bottom out and kick the sub in from there. This is down to personal choice though.

3. Kinda answered above. This depends on the type of amp and other speakers that you have.

4. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1. The more (negative) -db, the less bass.
    Adjust this to the same level as your other speakers. Use some music with much bass that you know whell and turn the volume up until you can hear the sub, then turn it down a couple of db.

2. The phase adjusts the in and out motion of the sub. The choice that gives the most output is the correct.

3. If you have a surround amp, set all your speakers to small. The volume should be the same at all speakers.

If you need to know more, search this forum for "sub setup", in speakers and subwoofers.

5. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dam, to slow.:blush: