1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sub + amp config

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by snyphr, Mar 1, 2003.

1. snyphr

snyphr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got into ICE and bought the following from CEL:

Alpine SWR-1021D + Alpine MRV-T420

I'm currently running the sub @4ohm in series (2ohm+2ohm) as described in the diagram in the sub box...

B4 i read the T420 amp thread ohms didn't mean jack to me...but now I think i'm getting the hang of things... but aint quite sure... anyway heres the prob...for my taste, the sub sounds pants and there isn't nuff bass:eek:

So to remedy this, I borrowed my m8s sub (alpine SWS-1241) and ran the amp in two channel mode with one sub on each channel running at 4ohms... instantly more bass even though the the amp was still punching out the same kinda power. (From what i read on the T420 thread 4ohm+4ohm in stereo = 2ohm per channel ideal for MRV-T420!!! I think:lesson: ).

Here's my Q:

Seeing as my sub has DVC and is capable of running @2ohm and the amp is capable of running @ 2ohm in stereo mode, if i wire up the sub in parallel and run it off the two channels on the amp will: (a)the sound be more punchy ?
    (b)will it do the sub any damage? (I'm coming into the amp from the sub pre-out on a CD7893)

TIA

2. backtothefuture

backtothefuture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check out the 'alpine mrvt420' post in this section for discussion on wiring/ohms

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    From JL Audio:-