Sub Advice

raven219

Prominent Member
Reaction score
East Anglia (well someone has to live there!)
So it is time to get a new sub. When I lived in a flat where all the sound was transmitted downstairs, I got a cheap little box. Now that I have a house, it is time for something bigger and better. But not too big. Here is the deal.

I live in a semi-detached and the living room is, of course, attached to neighbours house. The room is only 12'x12' (ish) and it will be connected to AVR200 and mixed in with Tannoy fronts and Mordant Short rears. The sub is there to enhance my DVD watching but my wife listens to a lot of music if she is at home.

Initially Uncle Eric recommended a Velodyne CHT-10. While I value his opinion I am worried that this might be too strong. Alternatively I was looking at the Velodyne VX-10, or a second hand M&K K9.

I would welcome your views/ideas/comments.

Cheers

Raven

For someone that likes music and wants a compact sub the two obvious choices would be either an MJ Acoustics Pro 50 which has received five stars from every mag that has tested it or else the M&K K9 for sale in the classified forum

Will check out the reviews on the MJ. I have read 2 reviews on the MK (as part of a set) and seems to do the business for DVD's as well.

Raven

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom