1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by DaBuzz, Jan 8, 2001.

1. DaBuzz

DaBuzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a sub for the £200 mark. I have seen the new Tannoy Mx10 Sub, but have not seen any reviews. Are they any good?

Are Subs Magneticially shielded? As the sub will be sitting right next to the tv! Is this ok?

How much difference will a sub make? I already have some Ageis Two speakers at the front! Just wondering as I was originally going to get a huge REL sub, but it wont fit! Will i still get a big improvement with such a little sub like the tannoy?

2. bigalroz

bigalroz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the predecessor to the MX sub the Tannoy M10SUB which made a huge difference to my enjoyment of movies. I've got to say I was well chuffed with the Tannoy Sub. I don't think it is magnetically shielded though, but take a look at the photos on my website (http://www.carrickcourt.freeserve.co.uk/)to see how close to the TV mine is without effect. I can only assume that the new model has improved over the original M10SUB.

3. DaBuzz

DaBuzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help! I am trying to locate a MxSub10 but all online retailers are out of stock until mid feb. I saw the pictures and your sub seems to be very close to the TV. However i am told the magnet strenth ranges from sub to sub (even on the same model).

My sub is going to be 15inches away from TV tube itself. Is this enough? How far is your sub from your TV tube? How close do you have to get before you see colour staining?

If you could try this quickly to put my mind at rest, i would be very grateful.

Thanks

4. bigalroz

bigalroz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    15 inches should be fine, my sub is probably only 10 inches from the TV and has no effect, it is a bit lower than the TV though.

------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    couldn't think of anything interesting or witty that's why my signature is so sh***y