Sub £200 DVD to use with LCD Projector

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sem1604, Nov 16, 2004.

1. sem1604

sem1604
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Hi
    im upgrading to either Panny AE700 PJ or Sanyo Z3, can anyone please advise me of an DVD player to use with either sub £200 hopefully.

cheers
    sem1604

2. Winnie

Winnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Pioneer 575 is quite well regarded by projector owners (albeit build quality is iffy). This can be had for about £120.

Denon 1710 & 1910 offer P.scan at affordable price (both below £200).

Then there is the Tosh 340 which offers good picture including p.scan at a bargain price of £79.

Cheers
    Paul
    ps. I have none of these, but am looking. :D

3. PRINCEGRINCH

PRINCEGRINCH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've got an AE700 myself, and after a bitc of research I found that the best value for money/quality DVD Player is the Samsung DVD-HD945. The DVD Player uses the highly rated Faroudja de-interlacing/upscaling (makes picture close to HDTV quality, DVD ACTUALLY BETTER THAN WHAT IT IS) chip together with DVI & HDMI (best possible quality) inputs. Not only this but it just about plays almost anything and everything. Its releasing this week for £150 and it is in demand. Most have been taken with pre-orders so hurry if you wantb this one.

Hope that helps :)

4. lsalvador

lsalvador
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
  6. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Downer if it doesnt have it as I am thinking of getting one of these. Can anyone confirm or not? I have just emailed Samsung I will let you know if they reply.

Cheers
    Robert.

7. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well this excert is from the UK Samsung manual:-

HDMI VIDEO Specifications
    When you press the HDMI SEL. button, in case of PAL TV system 576p, 720p, 768p, 1080i are selected in order.
    When you press the HDMI SEL. button, in case of NTSC TV system 480p, 720p, 768p, 1080i are selected in
    order.
    The first press of the HDMI SEL. button, brings up the current resolution.
    The second press allows you to change the HDMI output resolution.
    * The specific resolution of HDMI output may not work depending on your TV.
    * Refer to the TV users manual.
    Important Note
    • HDMI (High Defintion Multimedia Interface)
    HDMI is an interface to enable the digital transmission of video and audio data with just a single connector.
    Using HDMI, the DVD player transmits a digital video and audio signal and displays a vivid picture on a TV
    having a HDMI jack.
    • Description of the HDMI connection
    HDMI connector - Both uncompressed video data and digital audio data(LPCM or Bit Stream data).
    • Though the player uses a HDMI cable, the player outputs only a pure digital signal to the TV.
    • If TV does not support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital content protection), snow noise appears on the screen.
    • Why does Samsung use HDMI?
    Analog TVs require an analog video/audio signal. However, when playing a DVD, the data transmitted to a TV is
    digital. Therefore either a digital-to-analog converter(in the dvd player) or an analog-to-digital converter (in the
    TV) is required. During this conversion, the picture quality is degraded due to noise and signal loss.
    DVI technology is superior because it requires no D/A conversion and is a pure digital signal from the player to
    your TV.
    • What is the HDCP?
    HDCP(High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is a system for protecting DVD content outputted via DVI
    from being copied. It provides a secure digital link between a video source(PC, DVD. etc) and a display
    device(TV, projector . etc). Content is encrypted at the source device to prevent unauthorized copies from being
    made.

Looks to me like it does.

Robert.

8. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    So would this player work with a Epson Tw100. Just I thought that the PJ/Plasma will need to able to encrypt.

If this is the case then I recon the TW100 is probably too old