Sub-£200 Android tablet

Discussion in 'Tablets Forum' started by gino_76ph, Sep 2, 2012.

1. gino_76ph

gino_76ph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there!

I am looking for a budget sub-£200 Android 4.0/4.1 tablet that i can bring over to Paris when i go travelling. I'll be using it mostly to watch movies (in the plane or hotel), surf the net and the usual weather/news apps.

I know there is the Nexus 7 but i have heard negative reviews espcially the speakers sound and the bezels slightly not fixed right appearing it was "rushed" and not glued properly on the sides.

I have seen Archos with their XS & Elements range, GoTabs, Scroll tablets , etc. But, which one would be an ideal "investment"? Which one actually can do the job and i can still say that its a budget tablet but it still runs smooth and has full Google Play store.

2. sirteuk

sirteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    See previous post, this seems perfect for your needs

blackberry playbook 64gig £129 currys pc world

3. harryg

harryg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Google Nexus 7 tablet and for the price it's amazing really fast and I don't have any problems with its build, actually going to buy another for my son. Then maybe get piece to use my own.

4. small763021

small763021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I got Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 the other week.
    Seems almost as fast as my Asus TF300T if thats anything to go by.
    Only about 5GB usable with the OS on there but has a Micro SD so you can add more.
    The Samsung runs most of the games the Asus does as well but with lower quality graphics but unless you are a hard core gamer it doesn't really matter.
    I may have got a Nexus if they were more available locally but very happy with the Samsung.

5. gino_76ph

gino_76ph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Heard issues with the Nexus 7 espcially the side bezels not being glued properly or the speakers are not that loud & clear and there is no expanadable memory; i can live without a camera though.

But with the same quad-core specs, an expandable memory and cheaper this upcoming Acer A110 tablet seems a beauty.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is fine but with a slower/inferior specs for its price it is expensive.

6. Tran67

Tran67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Guy in PcWorld said it was just one batch that had bevel issues,that is why I am waiting until after 12th September when Kindle Fire 2 & the I-Pad Mini are supposed to be unveiled,then I will most probably buy the Nexus

7. slowpoke

slowpoke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    exactly what I will do. Slim chance I will get a mini but really want to try out the android experience. Unless amazon let you use the play store then its not worth going for a Kindle Fire

8. gino_76ph

gino_76ph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How about a Blackberry Playbook?

Can the Playbook play .avi or .mkv files? Does it do multitasking like Ice Cream Sandwich? Does the Playbook have GPS? Can it send files via bluetooth to any bt-enabled device without the use of a 1st-party or 3rd-party app? Can it turn-on really quick? Does it have a battery life of at least 8-10 hours?

Another issue is the App World. I havn't seen any Playbook running this so-called Android Player. Even if it does does it have my favourite Android app in there? Probably not. Probably 7 out of 10 the app or game won't be there.

Can i transfer files via USB from my Mac? Drag n' drop?