Question Sub £1000 TV needed

zeeeeeeebra

Standard Member
Hello,

Sub £1000 TV needed

Currently moved home, and due to circumstances i no longer have a TV for my front room. Currently using my bedroom TV which is a 8 or so year old 32" Samsung.

So i'm looking at getting a new TV sooner rather than later.

- I mainly use the TV to play PS4.
- I watch Netflix/Amazon, sometimes watch Blu-Rays via PS4 or plug in my Mac via HDMI and watch digital movies.
- No Sky or Virgin, but do borrow a Sky Go account to watch football. I usually do this by connected my Mac to TV via HDMI.
- No requirement for 3D
- Sound is not that important because i have a surround sound system.
- I sit about 7ft away from the TV. We have one sofa directly in front, and another sofa to the side at a 90 angle to that.
- Cheaper the better :)

Need the TV for the holiday/new year period as will have numerous people staying and visiting. Otherwise i'd stick with it and save.

I've not shopped for a TV in years.. So if anyone has any advice, i'd be more than grateful.

Thanks in advance.

akonline

Standard Member
I may be cautious but I think you need to go for a supplier who is giving you a decent shop or manufacturer Warranty. I have been looking at TVs in the £700 price bracket but have seen the 48JU7000 Samsung in Richer Sounds and I can't now go for anything cheaper. Just would be a compromise and I don't plan on changing the TV anytime soon. It is about the £1000 price mark.if anyone knows of a TV for less that is going to give similar picture quality then I would also like to know about it.

samsungderby

Under a grand there is only one choice. Hisense every time. The same quality and spec from anyone else will cost nearly double.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom