Question Sub £1000 65" - richer sounds

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by shell820810, Jan 18, 2019.

1. shell820810

shell820810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Need a replacement for my hisense 65ke5510. Richer sounds have a decent selection under £1k, but would love some recommendations.

Its the main TV, no gaming, just Netflix 4k, streaming etc.
    The last Hisense was replaced due to banding and yellow patches on screen, but wouldn't rule out Hisense again.

TV All | Richer Sounds

2. faidtoblack

faidtoblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Are going to be utilising HDR at all? If not then I would see if they will do you the Samsung 65nu8000 for 1k. I know that you can get it for £980 at Coop Electrical with the code TV100 (I am not sure if RS will match/beat that though as CE only offer 1 year warranty I believe).

That is probably what I would go for. You have also got the Hisense 65U7A for a good price as well though. I must admit though that I do not own either of those but with that budget I would be considering them.

If you do want decent HDR then you really need to look at the Sony 65XF9005 but the pricing on that is not very good at the moment.

Have you had a look at @Dodgexander's best value guide as that will help you out?

3. shell820810

shell820810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I havent really had any HDR content, am not sure what evens out there. Our Internet speed is about 20 Meg, so we are limited to what we can stream too.

4. faidtoblack

faidtoblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    FWIW I would say the Samsung 65nu8000 would be a good bet then at 1k. You could save a chunk with the other cheaper models and I am sure they would be fine. One thing to maybe bear in mind is the fact that in a month or 2 a lot of these sets may well drop in price as they start to clear them.

5. shell820810

shell820810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Worth the extra £200 on the Hisense 65U7A, in your opinion?

6. faidtoblack

faidtoblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Personally that is what I would probably buy for 1k.

One thing I would say though is that a few retailers (I know C&M are one) are still doing the free Samsung Blu-ray player with the 55" nu8000 (the same deal was with the 65" until very recently) so you may want to see if you can perused RS or someone else to see if they can still do that deal with the 65".

7. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
  8. shell820810

shell820810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  9. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Its hard but try to weigh up the benefits and see if they are for you.

For example, will 4x full bandwidth ports be useful? If you are connecting up older sources not so much but if you have more modern sources and lots of them, they will be essential.

Also, do you want to be able to use motion enhancements on the TV like dark frame insertion? If so, this is another reason why the Samsung would be worth the extra.

10. shell820810

shell820810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks, the extra features wouldn't be a big selling point to me, it's more the picture quality on HD and UHD, and reliability of the TV (after returning a Hisense with banding issues). The software/apps etc are important, so I will have a look at those too.

11. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Well the picture quality isn't going to be two different between the two, in fact there is an argument to be made the Hisense will actually be better as it comes with very good out of the box colour and grayscale accuracy. The Samsungs accuracy out of the box is good, but not excellent.

The Samsung will have the edge if you are using the motion processing features or you want excellent upscaling compared to only very good. It also has better smart functions too.

Build quality/banding etc is something that can affect any TV, no more likely to happen with one manufacturer over the next, both TVs should be very uniform but you can get good and bad specimens of both.

Overall the small gains are touch and go whether its worth the extra cash for you, I would edge towards saying it is worth the extra just because when you do use the Samsung with HDR it will look quite a bit better, also because it can be more of a set and forget experience with motion on the Samsung compared to the Hisense.

12. faidtoblack

faidtoblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    FWIW I have just checked on C&M and they do have the free BR player with the 65NU8000. If you do get it from RS make sure that you ask them as they should match that deal and potentially beat the price by £20 as well.

13. shell820810

shell820810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    What do you think the Samsung would drop to if we were prepared to wait 6-8 weeks?

14. shell820810

shell820810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Doesn't seem to be in stock on C&M?

15. faidtoblack

faidtoblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    You can always give them a call or use their 'chat function' to check when they will be getting some more and if they would honour that deal. One thing I have found over the past few weeks (I have just purchased a TV) is that if you just ask then quite often retailers like RS and C&M will give you a better price. I have also been shocked by the amounts that the TV prices change (sometimes from day to day).

With regard to what it may drop to in 6-8 weeks it is anyone's guess I'm afraid. What I would say though is that I personally don't think it is bad value (especially with the player) at 1k. You would just need to accept that the price is almost certainly going to be lower in a few weeks (albeit without the BR player).

16. Analysis

Analysis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
  17. shell820810

shell820810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Its £1100 on RS and C&M. Wouldn't use the player, would sell it on if we got it.

18. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    I don't know for sure regarding prices but usually the best prices will come between spring and summer, not sure it will be as soon as 8 weeks.

Usually, and I emphasis usually when you see the free giveaway deals like with the UHD Blu-Ray player it means after the deals end the TV will have some money chopped off.

That is the usual trend anyway.