Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

sub-£100 player!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ptmbradley, Dec 24, 2000.

1. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    On the richer website! [​IMG]

Himage DVD2290:
    http://www.richersounds.com/cgi-bin/productInfo.cgi?sid=97510cb72.123456&productID=4882

Not sure if that's good or bad really.

Good that it truly brings DVD to the masses, but bad that there surely must be huge compromises in the spec?

People may be left wondering what all the fuss is about, let alone potential compatibility problems!

And, of course, they're out of stock! [​IMG]

------------------
    Everybody be cool. YOU, be cool.
    --------------------------------------
    ptmbradley@yahoo.co.uk
    http://www.geocities.com/ptmbradley

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +738
    ptm

Again I have to agree with you - I too would worry about the plethora of very cheap players. It is good that the price brings them into range of a lot of people, but there are thousands of people out there who are not getting the best of what DVD has to offer. There must be people out there who are thinking, 'this DVD lark isn't all its cracked up to be'. When the likes of Toshiba, Pioneer, Hitachi et al can produce players for £150 then that'll be a good thing. Personally I wouldn't touch players like Matsui, Alba, ElCheapo etc, and I am not 'stuck up' by any means when it comes to HC.

3. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If there aren't cheap DVD players then it is going to be much slower in taking over video sales.
    Remember that the bigger the market for DVDs the lower the price for each disc.And a much higher selection of discs.
    These cheapo players are still a giant leap up from video.The only problems i see are disc incompatability, but this has caused problems for the big names too.

4. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i saw one yesterday, its tiny and with no display, only about 3 buttons on the front!

but cheap, i must say